For children and teens, there are usually distinct types of footwear like school shoes, rubber shoes, or dress shoes intended for a particular purpose, activity, or trip. Most schools today that require a particular set of uniform are not that strict on the type and style of shoes to wear just as long as they conform or complement the required, shirts, pants, dresses, and skirts prescribed. It is to your advantage when your child’s school is liberal with its dress codes or guidelines because it a chance to choose uniforms and school dresses that are best suited for your child’s look and according to your budget. Using old school shoes instead of buying a new pair will also translate into savings.
Popular Styles of School Shoes Today
Almost all types and kinds of shoes available in the market can be used for schooling. But their applicability will have to be determined by their physical design and style. The shoe requirements of the boys will also differ from the girls.
For the Boys
- Leather or Dress Shoes. The leather or dress shoes are the staples especially for schools who require their students to wear slack pants and polo shirts as uniforms. Their generic black shoes color also provides a semi-formal or formal look.
- Sneakers and Casual Shoes. Sneakers and the usual rubber shoes are the most versatile types of footwear that they can be used almost anywhere and for any other purpose for example as school shoes. Sneakers are also more preferred since they are more flat, flexible, and lighter to carry.
- Boots. Boots made out of suede, leather or rubber are the popular shoe style preferred during the rainy, cold, or winter seasons. They provide warmth and comfort as well as protection against mud, dirt, and water.
- Athletic Shoes. Many students are now making use of athletic shoes as ordinary school uniform shoes due to their durable and flexible nature, plus the fact that they provide better grip for the ever active students.
For the Girls
- Leather or Dress Shoes. Leather shoes are also widely used by female students also for complementing prescribed school uniforms. For the girls, leather shoes usually feature straps that secure them in place when worn.
- Ballet Flats. Ballet flats are the versatile girls school shoes alternative for students. Aside from having a multi-functional style, these flats are also best at providing comfort for the student’s feet.
- Sneakers. Similar to ballet flats, sneakers for girls are also considered as all around shoes. With the different designs and styles to choose from, there shall always be suitable feminine sneakers to serve as school shoes.
- Female Boots. Female boots serve the same purpose for the boys in terms or providing the needed warmth and protection during the frigid and wet seasons.
Short Buying Guide for School Shoes
- Consider the gender and age or grade level of your child. Of course considerations when it comes to gender are obvious. With respect to the age or grade level of the student, there are suitable shoes for grade school students, as well as the high school ones. The more colorful, light, and bold colored ones for example are ideal for the preschool and young graders, but they are no longer ideal for the high school students.
- Make provisions for feet growth. You will have to choose a pair of school shoes that would fit your child but it is also necessary to make provisions or allowances for eventual feet growth.
- Determine the school dress code or prescribed uniform and be guided accordingly.
- Comfort should also be determined during the fitting of the shoes.
With these information about kids shoes for school, you can never go wrong with what to choose. Be sure to bring your kids with you when buying their shoes. After all, it is them who would give the best choice because they will be the one wearing these shoes. Happy shopping!